Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Beautiful Day

Jaason called Sunday morning. I had sent a list of things I needed to be taught for my housesitting stint. We got that done and had a great time. Jeanne's kids had sent my kids an edible bouquet as a thank you. Lori went to the fresh market and we had bodacious burgers, sat by the pool, and watched the Goodyear blimp and party people on boats enjoying a very pleasant day. A colleague of Jason's had won a trip on the Goodyear blimp and was very likely aboard.
When the young ones come along the canal with the tunes blaring, the O.F. scoots out to the dock to dance along and take pictures. This boat obliged me with a closeup and saucy poses. Great fun for all.

The dogs played a lot. It really is entertaining for them and us. Good exercise for them. Jason had fired the old lawn maintenance crew. They broke something nearly every time they came. With a new outfit he was emboldened to contract for new landscape lighting which is lower voltage and absolutely amazing. The texture of the tree bark makes exotic patterns. There is a blue light high in one tree that casts "moonlight" on a patio table. The reflection of the trees in the pool is dramatic.

I had planned to stop at WalMart on the way home. I was completely out of some things and with six weeks to go, I had to stock up. Sunday night is a great time to go-I was in and out in record time. Lori and I made a plate to share of fruit from the bouquet for Marc and Jeanne and I dropped it off on my way home. Marc is feeling better. Great day hanging out with my kids.
Posted by Picasa