Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 01, 2010

Laundry Day

The kids called and I spent Sunday afternoon at Deerfield doing my laundry and watching dogs play. They invited Marcia to dinner as well. Her husband Bob was up at Daytona with his Harley but came home in time for Jason to help unload the bike.
Ka-Bobs from the Fresh Market are fantastic. Lori opened a bottle of "three figure wine" that was so mellow. It was a gift from David. I buy 3 digit wine-low three digit wine. There is a difference in taste but not effect. I used my little FM transmitter for my iPod to play tunes through the big stereo. That was pleasant. Marcia is a holistic therapist and Chiropractor. She used a tapping therapy to rid Jason of a headache. It was effective. She brought her dogs Lucy and Maximus (huge Maximus). Jason has been busy. They are going to take a cruise with Lori's brother and his wife for Chad's 20th anniversary. I will sit the dog during that time and Lori suggested I invite my friends down for a dinner party. Sounds good to me.
Going home I passed a burning car and pulled in to report it but the fire trucks arrived before I could draw my phone. No occupants in the car. Likely arson.

To give Tony his due, the rack of lamb was delectable-perhaps the best ever. But it cost me dearly. Six visits today and three phone calls. I also had visits from my old friend Andre (my 80 year old friend, Andre) and my 78 year old friend Bob who is a New Jersey riot. Lord he is funny. He extended an invitation for a fish dinner Thursday. Joyce had called last night while I was at Deerfield and invited me for dinner tonight: Her excellent meatloaf, mashed potatoes, Bonnie's veggie melange from the green market, and Joyce's ambrosia salad and lemon lush for dessert. Oink, oink.

New neighbors on both sides-Quebeckers. One side is going to be fine. The other -typical. I guess the park erupted in car horn blowing yesterday when Canada won the gold medal in hockey.

Marc is having urinary issues. Pain and fever. He got meds from his Georgia doc yesterday but not much relief. Urologist tomorrow. I got the water flowing but now my minerals are fouled up. Rene heard from his brother who lives in Chile. He is fine but is sleeping in his street clothes with his car keys in his pocket, close to the door. There have been hundreds of aftershocks. Past couple of days have been nice, if a little cool, in South FL.
Posted by Picasa