Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Miss Pineapple

Miss Pineapple wears the shades most of the day. She came with the workman who put nitrogen in Tony's tires. it costs $10.00 per tire for this service. Nitrogen is supposed to prolong the life of tires and keep them evenly inflated. Somehow I missed out on this tidbit and have never put nitrogen in my tires. Tony takes off for Tampa tomorrow. It will be a blissful week. He brought me another half of a smoked chicken tonight. This after Linguini with Pesto Sauce last night that was so medicinal tasting I could not eat but a few bites. He has his kind side but it keeps the door open to his constant presence in the tent-house. He looked like Ahab the A-rab when the chicken came. We had a violent thunderstorm that knocked the electricity out. I was the first to report it. It took awhile to fix it. I had enough battery to stay up but not knowing when the juice would return, I gave up on watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics and went to bed. Then I got up again when the lights came on and was right on time for the thrilling first minutes and satisfactory march of the athletes. I like the positive and joyous feel of the Olympics.

Honey exposed herself as a performer. I left the dogs tethered for 30 minutes while I went to hang a sign. Bill and Sandy noticed she did not bark at a single dog or person in the whole time. She was mighty glad to see me when I returned but they think the fierceness is a show for me. (I think she is just protective of me because she loves me so very much.) Who knows what goes on her pretty head.

The Canadians seem to be covering themselves with glory in the opening show. I am going to close and watch.
Posted by Picasa