Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

S'mores and more

Marc and Jean came by on their bicycle built for two. They wanted to know if I wanted to join them for lunch at the Pizza Palace. I did but took the van-good thing because they decided to have a happy hour. The van was needed to take the supplies. They have plenty of leftovers but they bought plenty. Jeanne had never had or made S'mores. I had enjoyed this very common camping treat once before at the Nob so I was the expert. Marc fired up their portable fireplace and we had wine and cheese, crackers and dip, and S'mores along with a rip-roaring good time. We are like old kids. Good humor and wit and the laughing starts. The coon family tried to join the party and and Andre goosed it as he chased it over the fence. Mass hysteria. I had taken a bottle of my favorite wine and after it was widely praised by the French, revealed it costs $2.97 a bottle. Not quite "Two-Buck Chuck," but certainly affordable. Terese sketched me in her journal. An amazing likeness in short order. My straw cowboy hat caught her imagination. I am enshrined along with the very excellent sketch she made of her mother as she lay dying a few months ago.

I am going to change my campsite set-up. The picnic table is going to go under the tent. I can't depend on the weather staying stable long enough to extend an invitation so I will move the show under the big top.

I will go to Deerfield to buttle tomorrow. Lori is having a Poker Party/Birthday party. They went to a poker party last weekend and Lori won both games. She likes that.