Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adventures with the Sony Camera

Cool night but it warmed up fast so I was off early with Honey for a bike run. Then she saw a buddy "Woody" passing and started barking so we walked the circle with them. They played a little but mostly they walked. After that I fed them pork loin and looked at the darn roast and said "I don't need all of that," so I took a nice chunk to Robert and Moe for lunch meat. Then I ditched the dogs for a camera safari and later ditched the bike for the van and went through the park and to the beach for picture-taking-to put the camera through its paces to see how it does. The EVF (electronic viewfinder) is a little disappointing. But the pictures are great. The camera on automatic is very forgiving. More pix at the link:

Adventures with the Sony in Lake Worth


Tony invited me to his yard for big fat NY strip steaks, baked potatoes, salad, and canapes with Maryland Blue Crab dip. Life is good. But the high living has to stop. I was on a downhill weight trajectory and I want that to continue. It is going to be back to soup for awhile. The usual evening chill drove me home but when I took the dogs out, a warm front had arrived.
Posted by Picasa