Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Potluck

The top picture was taken with the new Sony. The shutter is so fast it stopped the propeller on this seaplane. Click on it to enlarge and observe. The below picture,taken with a pocket camera, is of our gang with the good addition of Andre H. in the white shirt. He has been having good luck fishing- a four pound bass from our lake and some other fish went into a chowder pot. It was terrific. That was his contribution to the potluck supper. 150 of us turned out. Everybody sails past the "Absolutely No Alcohol" sign with their wine and beer and it makes for a convivial time.

.
We were already convivial because Rene and Terese hosted a cocktail hour and a half before the potluck.

Click on the picture below for a few more pictures with captions:
Happy Campers
The lady next door who is a decidedly unhappy camper surprised me with a gift: She knitted me two pot holders or hot pads to match my camper. She was a recipient of coffee cake and we have visited a couple of times. They seldom emerge from their camper and I am relatively certain her husband stays pickled most of the time. It was a very sweet thing for her to do. They are very nice-tight stitches and they lay flat.

Posted by Picasa