Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MOVED!

I am in my new site with lights and electricity, awning out and staked, outdoor furniture arranged and plenty of piddly stuff to do tomorrow. I was up early to finish packing up and put up the awning, etc. I did not ask a single soul to help but before the appointed hour my volunteers came: Patsy, then Andre and Nicole, then Marc with his truck, the Joe and Hal. We dang near had the stuff surrounded. I had placed nearly everything on the picnic table. My awning has a bent strut so it wouldn't quite go all the way in but we caravaned to the new site and they helped me back in and set up! Good electricity and water pressure. THEN, Jeanne said lunch was ready after the crowd had dwindled to we five. At chateau Latour we sat in the sunshine had an elegant salad with steak and kielbasa on it, bamboo hearts, olives, peppers, etc., etc., watched a mama raccoon and four babies try to crash the party and watched the many birds including parrots. A nice bottle of wine imbibed, and good conversation ensued. Jeanne had received a Hasbro "Bop-it" game and surprisingly it was a hoot. We made a good memory out of moving day.

Claud stopped by and said there were hundreds of dead fish floating and perished iguanas around the lake. The cold did them in. We are supposed to have a few nicer days and then rain on Sunday. I will have my hatches battened by then but I must admit, I started to "set-up" during lunch. Don't know if the new meds or the cumulative cold have anything to do with it-it doesn't seem to me that I broke much of a sweat getting things ready. Generic Aleve is helping.