Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Still Chillin'

A real-life day. I stayed under the warm covers a while longer today. Walked the Honey dog because the wind makes riding the bike unpleasantly cold. They were going great guns on the site reconstruction. I spoke to the manager as well as Lisa about my reserved site. It is shorter and narrower than it was in the "old park." This produced a big fat goose egg in results. It might have taken a yard or two of shell rock do it right but it wasn't done right. and I hope they plan to smooth it out. I am on the verge of getting crabby.

Jeanne told me Casual Male was having a big sale- She had gone to Steinmart for jeans and noticed the signs. I went down there and found the sale was on ugly stuff and 5X and 6X stuff. Still pretty pricy and I have actually dropped an X. Went to PetSmart for treats for Juneau and my dogs. Juneau is on a diet so I have to get low-cal treats that he likes. He expects his grampie to arrive with treats in hand. I ended up at Macy's where I bought a pair of Dockers pants. I don't think I am going to get next to a washing machine for a few days and I have another party to go to this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. I have clean clothes but nothing "party presentable."

Took both dogs on a second walk. Honey gets a peppy one alone but she has to to take a slow one when Buster comes along. They both do well. I am proud to take them out. The cool weather agrees with the girl. Buster not so much. Like me, he gets achy. We visited with an ancient (more ancient) couple who had no heat last night. They are from Michigan and in a borrowed travel trailer. I gave them my best advice. "Get an electric space heater." I hope they took it. Mine are having trouble keeping up tonight. Lake Worthless Power is pumping all of 98 volts down the line. My microwave would not function this morning.

Cooked chicken breasts for us for dinner tonight. Baked potato and cream gravy for go-withs. I am suspicious of bread. I seem to fade fast when I have it.