Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Texas Hold 'Em-the Estrogen Bowl

In Texas Hold 'Em, there is an initial buy-in. In this case 20 people paid $20.00. Then the bets are all chips playing for three prizes-$240, 100. and 60. Then according to structured rules, players are eliminated until 8 players remain. It gets tense. All the strategies of poker and the game come into play. There is also a lot of laughing.
Jacqui was the big winner, Trish took second, and Viki took third. There were some bruised male egos (good natured). Brenner says "That Trish is ruthless." The dropouts either played alternate poker games or watched the Valero Bowl. The kids watched movies in the private quarters but not until they tortured us all with Guitar hero. One kid, knows all the lyrics and not a single note. Jason nearly lost it. His parents were beaming. We were cringeing. People brought their dogs too and Honey had a playdate. She really is a player.
Food was good and kind of a potluck. Jason and Lori provided chips and beverages and 10 or 12 pizza's, champagne, wine beer, apple juice, and pop. Karen brought a great salad. Viki brought nacho cheese dip, and made a cherry limeade potion. Trish brought her shortbread tarts, and others brought cookies. Several neighbors came as well as a usual core group of friends. It seemed a successful party to me. I cleaned up, refreshed things, bartended, and filled the recycle bins, etc. as well as visited with guests. Shouldn't be much left for the kids to do today. I enjoyed it. Trish said,"You certainly are domesticated." I said, "Well, if I don't do it around my house it doesn't get done." Failing to add, "Most times it doesn't get done."

Brenner represents Jameson's Irish Whiskey among other brands. The last Irish Whiskey I tasted was Bushmills, long ago, and that was enough to last until the present. Jameson's and ginger ale is a very tasty drink. Had I not a drive home I might have enjoyed a couple.

I was glad Jacqui and David came. They enjoy regular parties too. I was really glad Jacqui won. For a long while I thought she was very distant. It turns out she is painfully shy. She has a great hearty laugh when she is relaxed. "When is the next Poker Party,"she asked.
Link to pix:
Texas hold 'em- The Estrogen Bowl


Posted by Picasa