Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mr. Fish Writes His First Check

Fish was found. Kitty was in bed. She is just picking at scrambled eggs-stew was not wanted. The Doctor's prognosis is 8 months to live- with treatment. She has had radiation on the brain cancer. Chemo is scheduled but I'll bet she gives it a pass. Ted doesn't think she will leave the park. Meanwhile, like a New Englander she is being very practical. Her father was a stingy tyrant and she did not like that so Ted was amenable to giving over the finances to Kitty. He wrote his first check Sunday as she is teaching him what he needs to know. She has been a brilliant steward of their resources-Ted didn't have a clue. Ted also seems to be doing what is appropriate: he has his wet-eyed moments but is realistic. At 80, this is not his first rodeo with death. He knows what it looks like. They continue to instruct me. But I am still sad and need to find an outlet for stew which needs to go in the pot today.

The Latours designed an outing. Nicole and Andre will go with them to Tradewinds Park and Butterfly World today. I declined. From ten a-yem to eight p-yem is too long to leave the dogs even if I were inclined to spend that much time with Mme. She seems to have exhausted her conversational repertoire. We are in heavy repeat territory now and she tends to be the only talker in many cases. She creeped me out telling how they gave over their marital (soundproofed) suite to her son and his wife during a visit. Rose petals, candles, etc. WTMI! I always preferred completely separate compartments for "mom" and "lust."

There are some units parked in the reconstructed area. Progress is good.

Honey gave a few sharp barks last night and then they faded into the distance. She literally pulled up stake and chased a coon up the chain link fence. She was dragging her tether and the stake. The coon was growling and spitting. It has been a nightly pest and I considered aiding and abetting the hound but I didn't.