Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve was spent at Jacqui and David's. Click the pix for full size ones.

New Year Day was beautiful until 3:00 p.m and a blustery shower hit us. Yay, wet and we can deal with the cool.

It is gratifying to see that Rick, with prescriptions I funded, is getting better. The antibiotics are really helping. The palliatives are allowing sleep. He is looking better. The job is going well. I brought him some lunch and I think he has been "out" all afternoon. Sleep is a wonderful healer.

Old friends are arriving in the park. Joe and Pat F. arrived. I saw Cheryl and Doug. Though I am living in the "French Quarter" my neighbors are nice and warm: New Year's greetings went all around on this day.

Lori and Jason are on a roll. A Poker party is scheduled for their house tomorrow night. I will go and be houseboy (I volunteered) so both can play. They have friends in town. Most of them I know. One childhood friend of Jason's has arrived and he was a stitch: Among a very witty set of skills he can tell how many minutes from the start of any movie a sex scene occurs. He is currently a liquor company rep- I haven't seen him since Jason and Lori's wedding. He used to be a livewire. I am sure he has mellowed some. It will be interesting.

I am grateful for this relatively quiet day. Though I did not overindulge on New Year's Eve in any way, the pace of the social life is making quiet time really nice. I am a hermit, dammit!

Posted by Picasa