Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

More Jeanne Pictures

Taken at Butterfly World and edited by Jeanne in chilly John Prince Park.
These are good pictures.
No original pictures from me today unless you want to see somebody nap in the the sunshine in an RV. We have been having a siesta about 1:00 p.m. every day we are around here in the park. Troubled dreams today-worrying about people. Buster needs a nap, I need it, and the puppy benefits. Honey got two walks, Buster went on the shorter one. We walked to my reserved site and it will not do. It may not be finished. The tractor is still there but as it stands it is too short.

The cold spell is breaking records for length. They are predicting strange fruit will be falling from the trees: iguanas go into suspended animation and if cold too long, perish. They are not native to Florida but thrive and have achieved pest status. They eat the ornamental plants. Extinction is not a possibility but many are hoping to thin the ranks. It is legal to kill them "humanely." My pest, the raccoon has taken to messing things up if no food is found. Maybe the move will alleviate that.

Without a "public option" I fear the health legislation will only enrich insurance companies. All of a sudden Humana/Right Source wanted to charge me a $47.00 co-pay for my potassium tablets (on top of my premium) every 90 days. Last year there was no co-pay (and the premium was half the current one). It is not the cost of the medicine. Wal-Mart sells a 90 day supply for $10.00. This after they wanted to charge me $1100.00 for my blood pressure meds in a combination form. We changed the med to two generics that carried no co-pay. It seems to me that they are gaming the system. I'm going to get out the old pencil and Wal-Mart's drug list. Of course, if you drop the Part D, you are subject to a stiffer premium when/if you re-enroll. The banks are doing the same thing-gouging the innocent to enrich the crooks.. Republicans should be rejoicing Obama is such a weenie. Looks good in a suit, though.
Posted by Picasa