Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Anniversary Party in Victoria Park

This morning for the first time in 5 years I fired up one of the furnaces in the RV. The cube heaters were not getting the job done. I wasn't even sure the furnace was ready to go but in a minute I had blessed heat. I had to get ready to go to breakfast at the Haapenen's. Really the occasion was Ken needed help getting online with his computer. They bribed me with Finnish pancakes-the Finn answer to crepes. They were tasty and I caught up with their summer activities in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It was a merry chase finding them because Ken isn't any better giving directions than he is with computers. They are in a fourth story apartment this year. Nice view. The computer issues were rudimentary. He is good to go.

The kids invited me to stay at their house last night but knowing that I had a morning appointment drove me on home. It was not too late. They had hauled me down to Fort Lauderdale, Victoria Park for an anniversary party that was fun and just the right size. Pix at the link:

Anniversary Party in Victoria Park


The weather is gradually improving. The dogs got a walk after I bundled up this afternoon. It is supposed to be 72 degrees on Thursday. Come onnn Thursday!

I spoke to Eve briefly. News of the Eureka Earthquake made it sound like Medford was in it. She felt nothing. I had called Matt much earlier to check on them but he must have heard nothing. For me to hear nothing back was raising visions of toppled cell phone towers and widespread devastation. Eve was about to meet them for a bon-voyage breakfast. She is going to Mexico for a couple of weeks to see an old friend and get her teeth worked on by a highly recommended Mexican Dentist. Less than a third of the cost of a U.S. Dentist even with travel factored in. I wished her well.