Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Thank the gods and Ineptitude!

Took the dogs on a walk to the new site with steel tape measure in hand. Honey spotted something in the bushes and took me for a ride. She will be happy there. Bob was riding his bike. I helped him level his RV in his nearby site yesterday-he has had to move 3 times. He said they gave him the wrong site-it was off by one number, so he went to see them. They said stay. Then I looked around at the numbers. What was 248 last year is now 249. 248 is a great site! Long and level and barely wide enough. Called the office to confirm it was my site. I was ecstatic. Happy Camper.

Today is a beautiful break before another cold front. We are enjoying it.

In spite of the cold I put on my hoodie and sat in my lawn chair yesterday. With the sun on my face and all toasty I fell asleep. Three of my meds warn of too much sun. My nose was swollen when I awoke. It is still too big today but it is normal. I felt not so hot yesterday. My feet were swelling the day before (cold?) so I took a diuretic and was just feeling "off." Soaked my feet in warm water laced with epsom salts, Hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, and sea salt. That helped a great deal. That is not the exact formula but it is close to a foot soak that I heard discussed recently. Whether it is hooplah or not, it felt good and will become a weekly ritual.