Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Livin' in My Hoodie

My hoodie has been off for sleeping, period. Just now it is starting to feel warm-inside. That means it is warming up outside. I'll take Honey for a walk soon.

Rick had me over for a rib-eye steak, baked potato and salad last night in his 1962 Airstream. The man has had a paycheck and he is walking taller. His Airsteam needs some cosmetic work but those darn things are so well designed and his is of a vintage that the Amish were doing the finish work. The cabinets and fixtures are admirable. He was thinking of selling it but now that he is on the way up it seems to be gaining value in his eyes. He cooked well but he was a little too liberal with the salt and my ankles were swelling before I left. I drank a lot of water to flush the salt and was up and down all night long.

Marcia, one of the kid's neighbors gave them a firepot for Christmas which I thought was very cool. I asked her where she got it at the poker party and when I went down for the ride to the Anniversary party -she had found one for me. That was very nice. I will use it when I inaugurate the new site.

Just got off a Skype video call from Jeanne. Must walk the dog.