Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Equilibrium

To complain about 33 degree weather when it is minus 3 degrees at home seems weird. The humidity, lack of appropriate wardrobe, and stiff breezes do make it uncomfortable but not life threatening like it is in Wyoming. Then the days do improve in Florida. By noon, the layers are being shed and the heaters go off and the fans come on. Each day is a little better. We will be complaining about the heat by Sunday.

Alone time is not a luxury for this cat. It is a necessity to maintain equilibrium. The past two days have been helpful. I have not been idle but time for the details is available. The dogs got their Iverhart meds (in ice cream). Honey got groomed and de-matted. Buster got brushed. I re-patched the tear in my awning which was a little tricky: stepstool, table, hanging on a strut. The beard got caught in a de-flapper. That was painful. The awning tape ran out. But I did not fall and it looks better. This in prep of rolling it up and moving. Other preps for moving too. Today should be big progress.

The dogs got liver for the past couple of nights. It seems to help Buster. It was not thrilling to me though. A thin crust Hawaiian Pizza hit the spot though it revealed just how paltry pizza toppings are. The Domino's box felt empty without a big glob of bread in there. The medium size has shrunk, also. Not a good value.

The Humana/Rightsource meds came. The new Benazipril at the right strength was discernible in effect. The BP went right down. The doc gave me leave to cheat on the Amlodipine if feet and ankles swell in the heat. It is not cheating time yet.