Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jaunty

I felt jaunty today. Donned my bright red T-shirt and red beret for the morning hound walk. Smiles and guffaws from some of my friends, but smiles from strangers. I made a huge mistake going to Costco hungry. I was in quest of a big pie to take to the pot-luck tomorow. I got that and 29 ounces of chicken salad wraps, a coffee cake, two bags of pita chips and a big bag of Craisins. By noon my senses had returned and I gave wraps to Tony and Art and made coffee cake plates for three neighbors. Honey likes the pita chips (and the coffee cake) but thinks the Craisins are awful.

It was a windy day and I have spent the weekend waiting for a call from Deerfield. A package was supposed to have been delivered for me Friday. I made a pot roast in a slow cooker. Cooker and meal were to be gifts for the Deerfield folks. I shared it with Tony and the dogs. No call. Those kids are busy and a big deal was in the offing so no biggie.

Tonight Tony reciprocated and made a pasta dish from scratch -homemade noodles and all. I will ask the name of it tomorrow. I want to be sure to never, ever, order it in a restaurant. I am getting to know more about Tony than I ever thought I wanted to know. Good talker, not much on the listening.

Andre made a "movie." He roller bladed around the park and stopped every 1000 meters to take a picture. It will give you some idea of parts of this great park we live in.
http://gallery.me.com/andredemers/100073

(This link may not work- I copied it from his email.)

Joyce and Gary arrived. Honey remembered Joyce and started barking before she got across the pasture.

Prudy and Gary stopped in. I called Rick-he was off on some quest up north. We know he is alive and got his motorcycle out of hock. He said he would stop by. That will coincide with the pot-luck but I think the pot-luck is going to coincide with a thunderstorm in which case the pot-luck will be Tuesday. Did you get that? My cherry pie is safe in the refrigerator until it happens.