Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Alive and Well in Paradise?

The weather is varied and a lot of it is not ideal. But I check temperatures at home and feel grateful to be here. Buster woke me up at 3:00 a.m. the other night needing to go out in the worst way. We went, he went, then he collapsed on the way back to the RV. I carried him home and sat in the screen-house scratching his ears and telling him what a good dog he was until dawn. A passing dog walker caught his attention and he was suddenly well. Bright eyed and looking for his breakfast. He is definitely fading but I'm not counting him out yet. Of course I have been completely out of sync since then. Tired when I should not be, and otherwise screwed up.

It has been mostly domestic around here. Visitors often and I enjoy them. Honey and I visit with dogs and people all around the park on our walks. Gary came over with his wife Prudy this morning asking if I knew where Rick was. The Airstream is gone. Gil stopped yesterday to tell me Rick had sold his Airstream to somebody from Tampa and has moved to an apartment. He said goodbye to Gil but neither of his major benefactors heard a word. I suspect we will, though. Gary's wife, Prudy, is a chatty one. Good woman but "out there."

I've been hanging around the park too much. I need to break out of the rut. I hesitate to take Buster anywhere he may get too hot but he is fine alone. He sleeps a lot anyway whether I am here or not but he amps up the coughing if I leave him alone-not that I can hear him coughing when I sneak up on him but he lets me know. We are all having nap time now. I will have to hurry to catch up.