Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Park Life

The panorama pictures need to be clicked upon to enlarge them. Shots of parts of this beautiful park taken with the new Sony camera. Above is part of Lake Osborne by the causeway to the campground. The shot below is across the street showing the wetlands/kayaking area.
I was able to park the dogs for awhile. Joyce called while I was at home visiting with her husband and she announced lunch was about ready. So we went for a nice lunch. Having already left the dogs at home I continued biking and taking a few pictures.

I think the Park rangers were conducting a fish census. There was a die-off in the cold. There is a dead iguana across the street from us. They die in the trees and it takes a few days for them to fall out. Buster was real interested in it.
The 20X zoom revealed more of the lake on the far side of the island. I did a little cleaning and discovered a pork loin that had a "use by" date of today so I cooked that and invited Tony for supper. Roast pork, salad, sweet potato, applesauce, cranberry sauce eaten in the evening chilling. Tony has lived in Florida for 31 years and says this is the coldest winter in his recollection. The evenings and mornings are chilly but the sun gets things up to 70 degrees during the day which is cold to a Floridian but delightful to a Wyoming guy. I am not complaining.

"Moe" aka Maureen came over this morning and we chatted while Joyce got ready for her walk with Moe. Moe is from Quebec but is a mostly English speaker. Kind of a fireplug in build and cheerful and capable. We were backdoor neighbors two years ago. They stayed home for her husband's treatment for Hepatitis C last year. It was not successful. Robert is a great guy- kind of quiet but kind and capable. The disease has progressed to early cirrhosis and that is bad. He gets tired.

Honey bolted twice today between door and tether. Once she went into the pasture and was playing with some dogs. They were all having a ball. The second time was after Tony left and she scared the poopings out of some walkers. So we are using the leash all the time now and the training collar is charging tonight. I shorted her on her walk this morning because she was so headstrong. Not much fun to battle her and I am really pretty lenient with letting her sniff and explore. Maybe she will do better tomorrow with more exercise. Buster was perky all day long. We snuggled last night and I can interrupt the coughing spells with rhythmic patting.
Posted by Picasa