Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Celebrating Groundhog Day

Taking pictures in my backyard and straightening up after a good rainstorm were morning activities after after the dog walk. Patsy biked over to see if I had received her email from two days ago. I had not. It was an invitation to dinner this evening. I accepted on the spot. They blew it out. Said it was a Groundhog Celebration Canadian style: Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, steamed turnips, steamed carrots, and Marilyn brought a mince pie with homemade mincemeat. It was all scrumptious. The only complication is yesterday's pot of pea soup was working its magic. I was under pressure. A smoke break provided some cover but shortly after eating the pie I knew I was in trouble. I left hastily and had a 400 yard walking-fart extravaganza.
Tony hollered out his door as I went past. He had been over four times-was going to give me a smoked chicken half but the van was parked, my bike was parked-I had walked over to Patsy and Joe's under my umbrella. Tony thought I was dead or dying in the RV. After initially being touched by his concern I really felt trespassed upon. I don't want a keeper, nor a nosy parker neighbor. But, I had more immediate concerns. I hope to be beyond this by tomorrow.

The book was finished last night. As tempting as it was to start the sequel, I did not. I get lost in them and saving some for more rainy days makes sense. Joe says they have been coming here for 12 years and have never experienced a season like this. Many of my plans to entertain, have movies, etc. have been waiting on decent weather. But I am not bitching-rain is not the same as snow and cold. I am having a good time, just not the time I expected.
Posted by Picasa