Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunrise

Buster came to join me in the bed very early. He was in distress. I thought, "Here we go." He wanted out. He disappeared in a flash. Then I saw him across the street. He had the drizzlies. I won't keep you in suspense. He seems fine tonight. Wanted to go on a walk for the first time in a long time so we did a "Buster walk." Honey gave me an "Is this all?" look but she had both a morning walk and an afternoon run with the bike. The tuned up bike is running schmoooth. The saddle is comfier and non-absorbent. On the trek to get the bike I got the propane bottle filled and took a new route down to Boynton. We passed by Aberdeen-the golf course seen on a lot of TV sports presentations.
Given the early hour, I snapped a few Sunrise pictures. The bottom one is my view across the park. The top one is our campsite. The middle one is the best damn guard dog in captivity.
I was invited to Andre H's house for fresh bass fillets. I took a great salad, Francoise's wife cooked a rice dish. Nicole made a potato/sweet/potato/carrot/onion melange. A nice Chardonnay to start, coffee and chocolate almonds to finish. Andre bought an accordion just before he came down. He has the magnaminous smile of a musician down-the fingering is coming along. He is going to be serenading the north country around the campfire before long. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Francoise, who was 77 yesterday -not a pill goes in his skinny body. His wife is perfectly bi-lingual, seems perpetually amused and easy to get along with. She takes pills.

The wind destroyed Andre's tent so he got a new one and I have to say I am impressed with it. It turned breezy and cooled right off tonight and we were just fine.

Tony was over for morning coffee-he brings it, and for a Regis College graduate, I have to admit he can can cram more effing eff words in a sentence than a Wyoming roustabout. His same old stories are becoming more detailed. The pictures are becoming clearer. After the episode with the Colombian Internet Bride and divorce, he said his son came up to him, shook his hand and said, "Congratulations, you are the dumbest man I know." Tony presents well but the wife who bore his children is now married to an ex-con. As such, he cannot hold a Florida state license for anything so his wife is ostensibly a foreign and exotic car mechanic while hubby number three does the mechanicking. I am starting to feel Tony is toxic-my first impression was right.
Posted by Picasa