Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Slow Day

I had the slows today. Spent two hours fixing a three dollar flashlight and 30 minutes not fixing a three dollar solar yard light. Tony was busy so I had most of the day to myself. He had his carpets steam cleaned and the Sears repairman failed to show to fix his microwave. He did come over to complain about that. He likes to do laundry, cook, and iron but thinks he needs a cleaning lady for his 32 foot Airstream. He is still coming to terms with coming down in the world though there are many who would like to be in his shoes. He will be going to Tampa for an Airstream gathering for a week. Yay! He says the group is comprised of geriatric cheapskates. Sounds like a blast.

I went to the Social Committee meeting this morning. They would like a little background music at the President's Day potluck. I will do that. Little does he know it will turn into a DANCE. I broke out some of the equipment today.

Before that, Honey had a great walk. She has playmates all over the park. Pumpkin and Lily and Lola. It was not very far but she got a ton of exercise. Buster too, had the slows. I am afraid he is fading. He is getting lots of loveys. Those are a good idea even if he rallies. Honey looks forward to her morning rub. Bonding time. She is so independent.

Visited with Bill and Sandy and Moe. They are all kind of fun. The women are v-e-r-y chatty and animated. Bill and Robert are mostly amused and tease them about it.

I called the kids. Lori's email said Juneau was sick. They had already had him to the Vet. Dogs are eating the dead iguanas, getting botulism and paralysis sets in. Supportive therapy can get healthy ones through it but a lot of dogs have died. The vet said she didn't think that was his problem and he is eating today.

Velo's called. My bike is ready. I will fetch it in the morning and I bet it will go a hundred miles an hour now. I picked out a new saddle. The old one had a split in the cover and rain would get in there. Chapped my ass.

Coasted on yesterday's soup and am enjoying a cooling rain tonight.