Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Sunset from my backyard

The Sony has a "twilight, handheld" setting. It doesn't seem to work as well as the panorama feature but I am not especially steady either. It improves twilight pictures but is not a panacea. I snapped this in between two of Tony's 10 plus visits today. He seems either terribly lonely or he can't stop flapping his gums. I escaped early to go to Boynton to take my bike for a tune-up. I saw Tony on my way out. He was on his way to Pompano to give his kids their Christmas presents. He had invited them to visit him several times and they didn't. Hmmm.

The bike shop had changed hands and I think for the better. Wednesday will tell. When I returned to the park I noticed a dog and put on the brakes. He was a dead-ringer for Buster. I spoke to his owners who had no idea what kind of dog he was but had him for 15 years. The lady walked over with her dog and we visited for quite awhile. She has British accent and is a Reiki Master (psychic) healer.Very interesting insights.

I made a pot of soup today. I was not hungry and ate nothing until I started the soup at 2:00. Then I was rooting for the slow-cooker to cook faster. Seminole Wedding Soup. Very tasty.
Posted by Picasa