Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunday, Funday

I had offered Jeanne and family a sunset cruise. Her son and his wife were visiting. I shopped all the way to Deerfield, picking up steaks at Costco, etc.,etc. and arrived about 2:00 to build a salad and otherwise get ready. Steve and Mariela, former and soon to be current neighbors of the kids drove their new party barge up from Fort Lauderdale on its maiden voyage. The electricity had gone out. They had their three dogs with them, we had three. Tahoe and Juneau are old friends. They tied up to the seawall and soon there was a circus of dogs. Jason got his multitester and fixed Steve's boat! I was impressed and so was Steve. They tried to load their dogs, two were on and one romped away so the other two jumped off too. Jason said give them some more time and they will be ready. So we did that and Steve got in the hot pool.

Our guests arrived. I had put a battery in the charger for the Sony and forgot to put it in. So I used three cameras and didn't take many cruise pictures. We broke out sailing hats. Cathy's pirate hat was eliciting thumbs up and "aarghs" from passing boaters.We had plenty of wine and I think I can safely say a fun time was had by all.

We had a great meal: Jason cooked on his grill and microwave: Ribeyes, asparagus, fingerling potatoes, salad, bread with dipping sauce, and more wine- key lime pie for dessert. The table exerted its magic influence and we were gabbing until 10:00.

While we were cruising somebody got into the pantry and helped herself to the liver treats. So I was not entirely surprised Honey joined me on the bed at 5:00 a.m. We had a nice lovey but I knew my sleep was going to be short. And it threw me off for a whole day. Monday included a two hour nap and accompanying loginess. Took my bike to loan the Latours and they couldn't stop gushing about the sunset cruise evening.

A few pix by clicking:


Sunday, Funday