Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Escape

Jeanne's good work: Her Potluck Collage and embellished Veteran's Picture from Monday's event. I was too busy to snap anything. Click on them to see better.
There is no escaping Tony. He is 150 miles away but through the magic of the cellular system, I lost 20 minutes I'll never get back last night but somehow missed tonight's call. He was having a great time and had to tell me he got flirted with and was spending money like he had it. I had lived through his cancer and prostate operation story at least three times so I asked him if he was still functional. Down here men discuss their prostate surgeons like women discuss their plastic surgeons. Better living through chemistry, apparently. One lady had too big a personality and big boobs, the other was too "country" sharing her airstream with three German Shepherds and southwest decor. Like I give a rat's ass. Just find somebody else to pester, Tony.

I had a brainstorm yesterday. I have a little flat screen TV that I bought for a song last season. I took it to Terese and Rene who have a keen interest in the Olympics. They were tickled pink. The sit in their VW camper and watch on these chilly evenings. WXEL said this was the coldest winter in 29 years, the fifth coldest since record keeping began in 1887. Still, there is nothing to shovel or skid on but it is a piece of history I could live without. We did have about 6 beautiful hours today. I did RV maintenance and "re-camped."

Buster wanted a walk today so he got one. Honey got a longer one. It was not enough but we have a new crop of dogs in the park so she played with a huge English Sheepdog- Clyde, from North Carolina and a big mixed breed from Canada. They played hard. Honey is insatiable. She will play all day and the cool weather agrees with her. She is getting more socialized with both dogs and humans. Several people have stolen a pat.

The "terrorists" next door continue to perplex. One person leaves in the van for days at a time. Now both bicycles are gone and the van is too. The van is crammed so the bikes did not leave that way. I am sure I saw four people emerge the first day but have only seen two since.
Posted by Picasa