Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jeanne's Memento

Jeanne sent the collage of part of the Sunset Cruise which I am posting almost a week after the event because it is good and this day turned cold and rainy after a promising start. No pictures of my own. My walks with Honey are also social events for us both. Rene bought some big milkbones for her. She tends to take them politely and then carry them home. We stopped to see Roger and Sandy to see how they were faring in Joe and Pat's RV. Sandy wants an RV and a dog of her own. I would say the experiment worked. Roger is more circumspect. I visited too long. Honey buried her Milkbone under a palm tree. A coon will find it tonight. Harley left the campground but Honey found an American Eskimo dog to play with. He too lives in isolation, in Kentucky, and needs socialization. Honey was great with him but he was funny. He kept pawing the ground like a bull.

I have been having swelly legs and am hitting the diuretics and staying flat on my back for a nap in aid of getting them back down, I have been walking and riding the bike daily. Probably need to watch the salt more carefully-starting tomorrow. Tony is fixing a rack of lamb (yum) and pasta with pesto (yuk) to bring over.
Posted by Picasa