Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chowderheads

I'll try this again-the original post went to Internet Limbo. Andre catches the fish, cooks the fish and serves the fish. A delicious chowder and "fishburgers" that will render any future McDonald's fish sandwiches inedible.
Everybody brought a little something good. I was grinning: Six years ago I never could have imagined myself sitting around with the Quebecois debating whether Canada was according Quebec its due in the Olympics.
That was our last truly fine evening. It rained on and off all day yesterday and cool winds today.
Tony just walked by with his three Jack Russell Terriers in camouflage coats! Jaysus! He is going to be a hit or get hit in Gillette, WY. After his third visitation yesterday I told him I was busy. I was: hiding meds and making sure they go into the appropriate dog requires paying attention. Buster is doing pretty well. Honey got two walks yessterdaaay and played with Harley, a big German Shepherd. She is game even though he was bigger.
Bid bon voyage to Pat and Joe for their month visit in Bathurst. Roger and Sandy will enjoy their RV for the month. Roger taught with Joe and Pat but is now a member of Canadian Parliament. Very witty and personable.
The young Latours are home.