Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Alive and flourishing


Not having posted since Monday, some enquiries have arrived. All is well, if not perfect- the weather really has been dispiriting some days. Strong winds, rain, but usually some sunshine too. "The Season" is coming to a close. The last potluck will be March 8 (WEATHER PERMITTING). Folks are hustling to get some entertaining done. Nicole has been planning a spaghetti dinner since Rene and Terese came on January 15th but the weather has not cooperated. They took me to John G's for lunch Wednesday in their Rialta. I will close and come back-her highness is pitching a whining fit to go out.
Now I am back. Tony has come and gone. He is the bane of my existence. Sheryl came by to ask me to walk her dog, Abbie, and Tony wanted to know who the woman was who came out of my RV! I was, in fact, down the street having dinner at Bob and Ruth's. They are very entertaining and somewhat of a surprise. They were tradespeople-fencebuilders, but are very sophisticated in some ways-down to earth in others. Bob fixed Tilapia in Bruschetta, Ruth, cooked carrots and mashed potatoes and made a salad. Nicole brought a nice wine. I was told to bring nothing but I brought chocolate covered strawberries from Hoffman's. That was a redundant dessert because cherry pie was on the menu. They are both good storytellers. Bob greeted my arrival with "The pain in the ass is here."
The Rialta is a little person's RV-22 feet but completely equipped, V-6 engine 17 m.p.g. on the highway. Since Nicole is a size zero and Andre is not large it works well for them.
Marc is still suffering. Jeanne took my advice and got his appointment moved to today as opposed to next Thursday. Over the weekend in agony could be dangerous.
I am feeling better. I massaged my painful legs and got the lumps out. It hurt but in a good way.
Posted by Picasa