Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Monday Morning

The nice respite from heat will end today. I made the most of it. I got a lot done. The dogs could be outside which helps considerably. Honey has had her run today. Buster had a bad night. He had a lot of coughing but he came to me for help and I patted his back which seems to help. Doze and pat, doze and pat.

We scooted to Deerfield for steaks, squash, pasta salad from the Fresh Market and birthday cake Sunday night. The boys had gone fishing and all they caught were big waves and some color in their faces. They have some events planned over the next few days. I am so glad we, and they, have this time together. Matt looks just great.

I've bitten the bullet and am setting up the HP computer as the main one. I have been using my netbook for months. It is up to the task except the screen size is a little hard on my eyes and my proof-reading has suffered. And since software manufacturers are so chintzy with their licenses, I have not been using some of my favorite programs because they have been saved for the big cahuna.

I am back after installing some of said programs: Microsoft Office 2003, HP Printer program, Latest version of Picasa. Now I need to stir my stumps.

The weather seems to be very bitter at home. My friends are welcome at anytime to share my modest digs and go visit the fat cats from time to time. They are very generous with the O.F.