Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Jason turns 40!

The big party was yesterday-the big recuperation is today. The kids are at another (surprise) birthday party tonight. The O.F. stayed home on a coolish drizzly day though the call of excellent leftovers was strong. The kid's parties always include "kids and dogs" and even my pooches had the slows today as Riley, a rescue lab, joined the mix and swam and played chase long into the night. I "put on the agony" in the form of a pair of loafers that nearly crippled me. Lori put on a high class bash for the occasion last year but Jason was single minded about his plan: nothing too fancy and time spent with those near and dear. It was a blast. Catered from Uncle Julio's the fare was "build your own fajitas", with trimmings. Uncle Julio uses real steak and real chicken breast-excellent food.

Warm, nice people who visited and chatted. The little kids asked to do Guitar Hero and quickly got shouldered aside by enthusiastic wannabes. It was a hoot. Lori singing Johnny Cash's "Burning ring of Fire" was not to be missed. I nearly wet myself laughing.

I left at 11:30 p.m.. The last guests left at 3:00 a.m. There were millionaires, multi-millionaires, and multi-multi millionaires, Porsches, Ferraris, Hondas and suburbans, civil servants, business people, a holistic chiropractor, working people, graphic artists, retirees, ages from six to 71, gay, straight, reformed alcoholics and imbibers. but warm, kind and funny. Good sports. Now comes the fun part for you: Guessing who is which: (click for the album and slideshow. I will label the pictures in a few days.)



Jason turns 40!