Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Party time!

Monday I was a complete slug. I was tired and needed peace and quiet. I texted Rich and they made it to Denver and were headed to Casper on the highway. Forty-eight degrees in Casper so the return was not a shock.

Yesterday was Latour arrival day so I pitched a dinner party. I had some leftover makings from Thanksgiving that needed to be used so there were some repeats for me but it was all new to the other four: Game hens with wild rice stuffing and blueberry sauce, cranberry relish, creamed onions with peas, romaine salad with apples, and sunflower seed-raspberry vinaigrette. They carried in wine, a veggie platter, and chocolate covered strawberries.We didn't miss a beat in resuming warm friendship. Honey was not a gracious hostess so she sat it out in the RV. Buster was the love object and it was nice for him. Beautiful night, warm, full moon and great to be dining outdoors on December 1, 2009.

It is 77 degrees at 7:00 a.m. and today is going to be too hot. I am told the contractor for the park improvements can't make his payroll so work is ceasing. An adventure every day in South Florida.