Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rich, Val and Justin visit

Sunday morning here now. Honey has had her bike run, Buster has had his walk. Yesterday Rich began his day playing with Juneau in the pool. Jason just called and Lori is fixing a Texas brunch so I will head there soon. THEY will go to the Celtics,/Heat game in Miami tonight-of interest to me on TV but not in person. Amazing Jason scored some great tickets for them.

I took the Casperites to Butterfly World Saturday. Many more pictures to post. We got a bonus: The A Cappela Singers gave a concert at Butterfly World. Amazing voices. There was a basso profundo from Egypt who went so far in the basement I got goosebumps. And two sopranos who hit the stars. Then they encircled the audience and sang. Finished up with "God Bless America." They sold CD's, I bought.

At dinner on Friday night the kids and Rich's group encountered Adam Sandler who was kind and spoke-he was walking around calming his baby. Justin spotted Jamie Fox and his retinue at Butterfly World and went chasing after him. Wide eyed celebrity watch. He was busy with his phone camera.
Also on Saturday we went to Delray where I made good my birthday promise to Val and Rich to buy them dinner at Enigma. We all went and enjoyed the great food. It took Rich to point out the building had been a gas station at one time. I found confirming evidence after he brought it up. They were impressed with the food and ate with gusto. We started with two pitchers of "Fall off the Porch Sangria"and shared three Flans for dessert. In between it was chaos.
Today, after Lori's treat of a breakfast (Texas Breakfast Casserole) we gabbed a bit. Justin wanted to do the beach so Jason loaned a snorkel and the three Wyomingites went to the beach. Lori and Jason needed a nap. I went to CompUSA and spent some money and, killing time for good naps, tried to find the A-1-A highway from Lighthouse Point. That is a nice little community but you can't get to the A-1-A from there. Rich called and had a table at the Patio Bar and Grille on the beach. We met there. We listened to a Karaoke Crooner and had late lunch while we watched the eye candy on the beach promenade. I got tickled: a voluptuous sunbather got her bikini string "lodged" and worked to set it free without really going "there." She would tug at the top and make things bad down low and vice versa. Justin had a stinging brush with a jellyfish but his appetite was unimpaired. It was rolling up on 3:30 when we got back to the house. They all needed to head for Miami by 4:30 so I made my gooodbyes and headed for my cozy abode. I am bushed. I am glad they are all younger. Jason's birthday is on the 4th when the festivities start and include a visit from my son, Jason's brother, Matt. I hope I am rested up by then. Great visits but too much fun in a row! Spring chickenhood is not even in sight in my rearview mirror.
Posted by Picasa