Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finally Getting Settled In

Lighting at the kid's house was a godsend. A great transition. They sure take care of the old man. Jason cooked fresh mah-mahi fish one night, Lori made breaded pork chops last night lots of fresh organic veggies, sticky rice, and other go-withs. They are remodeling and have

a decorator who encourages them to take it slow and "live with the changes" and move on to the next. It is somewhatAsian-zen in flavor but not "themed." What he did with the yard is just amazing. They changed the sunroom into their shared office space. After pricing a piece of stone for a desktop, Jason made the desktop and it is great. He is pretty handy. The decorator wanted the screen below left raw to age into driftwood color. Jason, having paid the carpenter couldn't bear that and stained them.


This is the patio on the guest wing. It is becoming liveable. I love it over here. 'My bedroom" opens on to this area and the dogs and I can be out here when the hosts have turned in.
They babysat the dogs for me while I made the trip to Lake Worth to take the lay of the land and site the coach. I gave a pass on the waterfront site and opted for one I can stay on until December 24th or until my reserved site is "finished." You have no idea what a mess the park is now. I'll take a picture. But it might well be December 24th before I can move to my site. And since I store the coach, it is packed to the gills. In order to live in it the outdoor furniture and stuff needs to be outdoors. Moving is going to be a chore but Lisa said the grounds crew would help.

The coach started and ran fine right off the bat. I was disappointed to find that the extreme heat made two panels of headliners separate from the ceiling. If Coastal RV can fix it I will have them do it. If not, I will give it a try. Perhaps I will be investing in a solar fan. Covered storage would also be a solution. The kids are investing in property and look at some with me in mind-bless their sweet-hearts. I don't really know how I feel about it. I enjoy the camaraderie in the park but I can feel the strain about the RV life. It has crossed my mind a few times this year that the days of trekking and setting up are finite.

Buster is some improved-he is moving and taking an interest in things. I thought he was a goner one morning. Snuggled him all night last night and he was improved today. Honey met the raccoon that came right up to me when I parked the coach. So, she is fully employed and loving it. She and Juneau are such good buds. They play so well. The park is sparsely populated and peaceful. Doc Rosenberg gave me a ride to pick up my van when I brought the coach in. A few good friends are here.

Dragging my Droid in the dirt: The Droid fell out of my pocket and the screen shattered. I had it insured with Asurion. What an outfit! I got the runaround seven ways from breakfast and while on hold with Asurion for the 40th minute, I finally called Verizon and said I was going to quit them. I had two good phones going and Verizon could hear -then we conferenced and it turns out Asurion hasn't purchased any Droids. We will see what we will see. I ended up less hot but nothing like the warm fuzzy feeling a new Droid in my hand would give me.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: