Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last of the Doctor's Visits

Buster needed his shots-rabies booster, and distemper, and I had called to have a sufficient supply of meds on hand to last us until May. We pulled into G bar G a little early. Honey wanted to go in so I took her and she was socially appropriate, greeting some kitties, and an old lab owned by the vet, looking around, sniffing. She went back in the van and then Buster put up a fight. Dogs who don't want to go can make themselves so heavy. He almost backed out of his harness and I ended up lifting him out of the van after which he was pretty good. I wanted his nails on his gimpy leg trimmed because he doesn't wear them off but the vet did all four paws- on the house, which I viewed as nice but also a little dividend on the $446.00 check I wrote. I asked the vet about the iron for the coughing and she was in the dark about it. She didn't think a supplement would hurt. She is nice and invited me to call from Florida if I had any questions. She has acquired a couple of Pitbulls which she adores and from all appearances are sweet dogs. I hope she does not rue the day. If you are traveling with Pitbulls, German Shepherds, Chows, or Dobies, you are not welcome due to liability insurance riders.

When we got home, I missed the Droid. I went around the house and the van dialing it from my other phone and found it had come out of my shirt pocket, though securely clipped, when I was tussling with Buster. I nearly voided over the Droid. After it was found, tried to install Google Voice which is like Skype-you can make calls over the Internet, very cheaply if not for free. I have to wait for it but it is coming. I finished merging all of of my contacts ( I think). I added a few bookmarks I depend on. Google sent me an email. I now have over 80 gigabytes of Google storage for my pictures, documents, etc. That was nice.

Cooked the last package of liver for the hounds.

Tomorrow is going to be hectic and the weather is not being cooperative. Do I want to pull out of town on Friday the 13th? Looking at the weather, I'd better go while the going is good. The midwest is in for some weather. After Alabama, the going looks good. I-80 is better than 70 so it looks like the trip will be pretty much a do-over.