Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Errand Day

Aside from the wind which sometimes matched the temperature it was a good day to do chores. I was turned away at the Post office, Dianne, my friend there is the one that does the premium forwarding but she was in Kemmerer for a funeral. (Don't you love small towns?) Try again Monday. I shopped around for my Tetracycline prescription. Walgreen's wanted $12.38- very convenient locations in Florida. Wal-Mart won-$10 for a ninety day supply and transfer is easy-take the bottle in. I will not bother with Humana. In fact, after researching, I could get all my present prescriptions for the same price. Humana total price -the premium-$35.80 per month. Retail at Wally World $60.00 per month so no big whoop.

After not retrieving my 2008 EKG, the nurse called and said the Dr. thought I should have a copy of it to show baseline in the event of trouble on the road. So I fetched that. Now I am trying to figure out where to keep it and not forget it.

Did a grocery shop bearing in mind that running out at this time is desirable. I may be pregnant- I am insatiable in the area of pickles-garlic dills and bread and butter.

It dawned on me that I had mailed my prescriptions to RightSource with no stamp! Jackie must have stamped it for me because it hasn't come back. Put a thank you and a buck in the mailbox. (small town once again)

The Wind Rivers are stunning with their blanket of snow. I soak in the sight. It will have to last me but I am ready to escape the cold. Email from Andre the retired cop. They got into John Prince-January 20. More good news. Fresh fish fries!

I have been obsessing about a new cell phone-the Droid. I am way overdue on an upgrade but I couldn't find one I liked better than the ones I have. Out on November 6th.