Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

D-Day

D-Day as in Doctor Day. As in declining or maintaining. The doc was angry about my cholesterol-angry it wasn't hers! I lost a good hunk of weight since last year. Any numbers out of range were barely out of range. Metformin can interfere with absorption of B-12 vitiamins so I have to add that to my regimen to combat mild anemia. BP was a little over ideal but the new prescription (all tier 1 drugs, heh, heh) should fix that. The soup regimen seems to be working- she said I must be limiting red meat. I misread my LDL cholesterol and the olive oil had made a big difference. Got a seasonal flu shot so I am ready to fly-south. Fit as a fiddle- well maybe that old Bass fiddle in the back of the bandroom.

A big old storm is moving in-it is snowing right now. It could dump pretty well. It should be warmer by Friday. I have stuff to do here and in town.

Honey was ugleee to the UPS guy. This should be my last order for the season. Some things I need to take to Florida for the awning.

I read several on-line newspapers regularly. This link takes you to a site that has a series of photoshopped "balloon boy" pictures. Some are hilarious.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/your-kids/kdvr-wheres-balloon-boy-pg,0,3237053.photogallery