Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Climbing temps

I am seeing an end to this cold spell. Cabin fever was setting in so I loaded the dogs-they were ready for a break in routine too, and we headed to town. It was a full ten degrees higher in town and the trip was salutary. Warm felt good.

Poor Honey's playmate has been a stick in the house for the past few days so I tried to oblige her by playing today. She was ready. I fell flat on my face. Falling is not the joke it used to be. I have a couple of lumps but haven't started to get stiff so I may have been lucky.

Tomorrow is going to be even better. I am making lists.