Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Playing in Oregon

Cheryl performed a brunch at a high level today. Scrambled eggs, homemade zucchini muffins, bacon, O.J., coffee. Audrey and Eve sat together and we all enjoyed the event. The ladies all picked orange to wear today. Cheryl and Audrey went to a birthday party. Matt and I visited for awhile as we watched football. After dozing off a couple of times, I decided I might be better off horizontal if I was going to sleep so we went to the motel. Later Matt said he tipped over after I left and didn't move until Cheryl and Audrey got back. I am dealing with travel lag, he worked all night. Naps are good things.
We met at Eve's for supper-stuffed peppers from the garden, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, and apple crisp. Dmitri and Honey get along great and wore each other out. Dmitri is a genius with a ball-He would make an excellent soccer goalie. He knows where the ball is going to go and will check it with his teeth or body. He chases the ball, Honey chases him. Buster has been coughing a lot. I gave him a Benadryl tonight-we will see what that does for him-so far, so good.
The visit has been very pleasant. Nice visits in groups and one on ones. Very sweet people. Rich called this evening-the Thanksgiving Florida reservations are made and he found out from Jason I was in Oregon. He sounded a little miffed. His phone calls are always by him, about him, so the occasion never arose. I have blogged about the Oregon trip for some time. It was not like it was a secret.
Posted by Picasa