Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Fascinating Weather Report

Serious rain in the night and a turn to the unpleasant side today. I decided to check the NOAA weather site and saw a "Frost Watch" had been declared. The mid-morning was spent putting the swamp cooler to bed for the season, washing a few windows, taking the powerful ventilating fan out of the living room window and cleaning it. Closing the pneumonia holes warmed the cabin right up.

I am happy to say the summer house enclosure survived a serious wind test last night. While working on that I got a scratch on my forearm from a Russian Olive tree. It was not a serious scratch at all. But today it was itching and quite red-annoying. I put Neosporin on it and went to town for water and a few sundries. I went into a serious fade at Wal-Mart. Coulda been the scratch, blood sugar, the cold, allergy, low potassium or lack of sleep. Came home, took stuff, and tried not to go to bed but finally did. I awoke about quarter to eight feeling quite a bit better. No dinner tonight but I had a tuna salad for lunch about 2:00 so I am fine.

Now for Something Completely Different:
David, Jason's friend and former boss has a bigger and newer boat than Jason's 27 footer. But he has no dock and Jason has a 60 footer. Moorage rent is sold by the foot/month in Florida. David's boat is living at Jason's rent free. Jason's is living a couple doors away at an unused dock. Boat privileges come with both arrangements. Jason met a lady in the park where she exercises her black lab and he exercises his golden. It turns out she works at a resort in Bimini-some 70 miles by sea. Her husband is a fireman and he frequently takes his 22 foot boat to Bimini which is a pretty daring thing to do. So a plot was hatched. Jason would take David's boat on his first open sea adventure with the experienced hands and they would have the resort dock and berth there in Bimini. Jason said they got stopped by the Coast Guard 4 times which he thinks is some sort of record. (David's slacker eldest son was living on the boat for awhile-I am wondering if the Coast Guard knows something Jason doesn't.) The following link takes you to Flicker where Joe's pictures of the trip reside.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/themojoe/sets/72157622294395871/show/with/3937780293/