Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day

Hazy and Wet and Cool. Quick moving thunderstorms really dumped on us yesterday. It is not unpleasant. It is another day for me to be "at loose ends." Things are just fine but kind of directionless. The housework is progressing but never-ending. I am losing a little weight. That too is never-ending but may explain a little difference in-what? I have more energy but am just laid back I guess. I am very happy with my summer season so far. Maybe I need to stir things up.

The local news has been horrific. Some dude (likely drunk) fell in the ditch just up the road and drowned. Another Native American out of prison for a whole month lured a deputy out of his house and proceeded to attack him with the sharp side of a hatchet. After receiving serious injury the cop went for his gun and the guy disappeared but was later apprehended. The guy had been in prison for stabbing his aunt , the woman who raised him, multiple times. I don't know what he was doing out of prison. Motivated crime is scary enough-the cuckoos make me nervous.

The doggies are doing well. Honey has really attached this summer. Some days she is just plain chummy. Buster is more active and has always been chummy after he got over being Mr. Wild Child. It is hard to remember that he would not come in the house for the first two years of his life and I had to have the mobile vet come to the house for shots, Thayne fed him while I was on the road and I was afraid to get too attached to him because a bad end seemed imminent. Now he is like glue.

Football season is gearing up. I like that. CSU whipped up on CU, now if Wyoming can whip up on CSU-that is a big rivalry. But it is the NFL that I really like. Am I ready for some Football? You betcha.

I need to get the Ford van to the garage for service. The traveling season is around the corner and the tires need to be rotated and it needs a good going over. Preventive is better than breakdown.

I am getting grumped at by Honey. She thinks I have been typing long enough and she needs to be played with-she is funny.