Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

More Birthdays

Tye and McAye, above, have a joint birthday party. The older kids have their birthdays while I am down south so I do gifts all in one. They are really big family and friend get-togethers at the neighboring farm. Burgers, beverages, and hot dogs supplied and the always successful carry-in supper makes for superior eats. I got to see many folks that I hadn't seen for awhile. All I can say is time does march on. Here comes life, ready or not.
New guy, Debi, Janet, Guy and Eric above. Lots to visit about as most are in the ag business in some way.
McAye was in her play clothes when I arrived. Kristy came to get her and said it was time to put on her mini-dress and I was scandalized. A five year old in a mini dress? It turned out it was a Minnie Dress for the Mickey and Minnie themed party.
Granny Judy, instead of Kristy helped McAye unwrap gifts. Tye is developmentally delayed. He had constant mild seizures for seven years until Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake got to the bottom of his problem. He had no intelligible speech, night terrors, bed wetting, no fear, terrible tantrums, etc., etc. Now he is making good progress but as you can imagine there are significant delays. About the only intelligible word he spoke for 7 years was my name and we are buddies. He visited and visited, felt my beard, played peek-a-boo, dined with me. Kristy, who is a professional mom, is learning to let others help. With four kids from high school to age five, she can't do it all. Camey is the only girl out for Middle School football. Life IS like a box of chocolates-you never know what you are going to get but you love them all anyway. (at the risk of repeating myself)
Posted by Picasa