Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

One Day at a Time

It is one day at a time for me but the poor blog has been getting multiple days at a time. Everything is fine. I am just in a "zone." I'm really enjoying the days but they are not generating much to share. Some days are productive, some are not too productive.
Yesterday was a good picture day. The dragonfly is interesting and Honey's escapades with the coyotes are amazing.
The migrating geese fly right past my deck. Their interactions are interesting. Though there were more than a hundred in the pasture, when they decide to fly they leave in the groups they came with. They spot the coyotes before even Buster or Honey. Buster stays on the deck but he gives a warning and soon Deputy Dawg (Honey) is on her way.
Oregon and Florida responses were all positive so October 1, we'll be on the road again. Buster is doing fine-I went to get more of his meds because he is tolerating them and taking them. I inquired about missed doses because two of his meds are life-long. One missed on the Enalapril is about max but the new one is more forgiving. On the road is sometimes problematic on keeping to a feeding schedule. For a home grown "free dog" he has been a money pit but he is worth it. Honey was vile to the mail lady yesterday.

I have invitations! More later about these.
Posted by Picasa