Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Headed South

The geese are heading south. They took my fickle hummingbirds with them. I had just bought and filled the feeder with nectar (with vitamins A, E,C, and D). Never mind, the beleaguered Italian honeybees have discovered the feeder. The geese love this pasture and right now with irrigation water in it, they enjoy it even more. And I get to watch them. Honey leaves them alone this year but she is hell on the ravens.
We went in search of a roast last night. The only way I have found to get the Iverhart pills down the dogs is to steep the pills in drippings. At 10 bucks a pop, I hate wasting them. My first foray into getting the new meds down Buster was a bust. I got out my coffee mill and reduced one half to dust which I made into a little burger ball. He ate all but that one. I had success later with breaking the other half into parts and hiding them in burger. This is getting a little out of hand. The poor guy has a pill in almost every bite.

The geese remind me about heading south. I need to pay my first month's site rent on the 17th of this month. Thereafter, it will be three months until I show up there. I want to take a trip to Oregon after we get the dog meds straightened out. I am missing the moppet.
Posted by Picasa