Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hey! I took third place!

Perhaps I should say Reddon's ass took third place in the County Fair. After doing Santa's helper stuff, I stopped by the Fair and looked at the competition. I was pleasantly surprised to see I placed. While I am not sure I would have picked the picture that won "Best in Show," after looking at the really good pictures I felt great about even placing. That was an "upper."

The dumpster deliverer dropped by and I settled on a two cubic yard one which he later delivered. After I got home it took me all of twenty minutes to fill it. That felt good. My pickup day is Friday so I will get a clean start then. The deliverer was very familiar with the neighborhood and worked for Ann McIntosh, a neighbor, for several years. Interesting conversation.

It got all the way up to 50 degrees today. A nice amount of precipitation accompanied the cool spell. My trousers are still on the line and have been rain rinsed twice. I wore a jacket all day. Depending on who you are you have different feelings about the moisture. The sugar beet growers are ecstatic, those whose first cutting of hay is already up are happy, those with hay down and not yet baled are fuming.

My hummingbird family has produced offspring. The tini(er) ones are visiting the feeder. Fun to watch but they are very wary and the light is wrong for pictures.

Buster was puny yesterday and OK today. Honey was energized by the coolness. She was playful all day. Full of beans. I have been up and down these past few days: feeling great when the sugar is under control,( neither low nor high) and crashing when it is not. Learning how to gauge is getting better. I get a fit of sneezing when it goes above or below a threshold. The good news is it is not always high. Getting better.
Posted by Picasa