Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting evened out

OK, I lied. "As directed" on Metformin was one at lunch, two with dinner and one at evening snack based on what I told the doc the eating habits were. I am waking up hungry and don't mean a little hungry. So the pills are going with breakfast lunch and dinner and evening. I felt great today. Got things done but must have messed up a little because I crashed about six p.m. But this is better. Numbers were better.

I got on the garbage route today. I was looking at buying a trailer. The solid waste authority decided in their infinite stupidity to institute use fees. They voted to turn the rez into the world's biggest dump. If it is going to cost me the cost of a trailer and $10.00 to empty it, the Wyoming Waste Services $39.00 a month plan works for me. It is suspendable for Florida time and I will be able to get rid of my backlog. Thomas was my trash hauler-he had a pickup to support but after Thayne and Paula's divorce he is gone. That is about what I was paying him per month (one load). This will be two loads.

I called Lisa at John Prince Park just being a Nosy Parker. The site plumbing and rewiring is at a standstill. Everybody is shrugging. I gave her a lot of my groceries when I left. She had just moved and I could tell things were tight. Turns out her new neighbor is nutso-bangs on the walls, stands outside and stares while they eat, turns up the stereo. The last occupants broke their lease after a month. Lisa can't afford that. Ed's heart is OK, Jim's pacemaker seems to be helping if he just stays off caffeine. John is grumpy. It was like old home week!

Picked up the fair entries and took Janet's to her as requested. I also delivered their camera-it seems OK after Guy fell off the pickup with it. I took the pictures off it and put them on a thumb drive.

After reading the fine print, I may have screwed myself. The pretty cashier at WalMart asked if I wanted a WalMart Credit Card. At first I said no but she said it had a $20 off for every $100.00 spent feature. So I did the math and said sure. The website that I checked after getting home had no mention of that feature. It is a Discover Card with an 18 percent interest charge. I think I have some complaining to do. Too bad, 20% off at WalMart would have been real money to me. It would have paid for the garbage collection.