Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Wyoming Traffic Control

Over by Clearmont somebody has the right Wyoming idea. I long for the cojones to do something similar on my piece of 17 Mile Road. I had to let a string of cars pass me up on the hill so I could safely enter my driveway. I have taken to getting out of my van to scan the highway before chancing getting on the road. Even then it is exciting sometimes. Six highway deaths in Fremont county in the last 10 days. They are nutso.

My day was so stupid I hesitate to tell. Buster kept playing out this morning. I found him in the driveway. Then I found him on the lawn. He sticks pretty close to me except when he doesn't. He came in the house this afternoon and settled down beside me. His breaths were shallow and his muscle tone was very loose. I thought that this "was it." and stroked him and told him what a good dog he was and recounted our travels and good times for a good hour. Then I had to pee. So I gently moved him and walked away. Up he bounds ready to go. I was so happy and felt so foolish. But he got some good loving. I didn't lie to him.

Another gorgeous day in God's Country. The swamp cooler didn't get turned on until 4:00. The meter reader for High Plains called per my suggestion and I got Honey in before he came. When I let her out she traced his path exactly with her great nose. She is like Goodie was in that respect.