Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, July 03, 2009

Venice and Arapahoe

The entrance to Venice Harbor yesterday as Lori and Jason arrived. It would appear from the pictures that they have good accomodations on board their ship. I hope they are having a blast. I am a little confused on the itinerary. They are either on their way back from their eastern-most destination-Turkey, or on their way. The view is fabulous and Venice has been a big seaport for thousands of years.

Arapahoe has been coolish and damp. Little drizzles but lots of thunder-boomers. Between those and fireworks, Buster has taken up permanent residence at my feet, under the table. Honey is unfazed by the noises. Having gotten the scent of Prairie Dog she has been on patrol which is not a bad thing. She is a dog who needs a job. She went directly to a corpse that the neighbor's produced-she gives the Ravens what -for; loves to chase them. She would rather eat carrion than tenderized steak. I am not crazy about this because she is a hard one to get pills down. Her prize disappeared when she was on a junket down to the corrals. She knows who did it and was in a funk about it.

I got a couple of CD's in the mail through Amazon's network of second-hand dealers. Perhaps my taste has matured from years ago. The violins of Villa Fontana; a Mexican orchestra of some renown, seem overly arranged and way schmaltzy. They found their way onto the iPod anyway.

I am so-so. Not in the pink, and not blue-maybe the book should have been "When I Grow Old, I Shall be Purple." Guy and Janet are going to have a "pickin' and strummin" up at their place this weekend. It sounds like great fun but I am not sure I can get it together and keep it together for a big social event. I have had some spectacular "crashes"- perking along and then the bottom falls out. I am glucose testing, Buster scared witless with a dicky heart... But I am inclined... We'll just have to see.
Posted by Picasa