Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Music, Music, Music

The new "Party-Pod" is supplying background music. It is a clamshell carrying case for the IPod that holds a battery powered single speaker that is amazingly strong and clear for its size. On-sale at Buy.com for $13.00, delivered to my door from California for $6.00. About the same delivery cost as a trip to town. About the only thing I don't like is the big imprint with the name-a too hip an accessory for an old dork.

Nate from Verizon called yesterday saying my phone music kit was in. I went there but he took the day off and the other guy didn't know jack about it. I was overdue on a CD I borrowed from the library. Val's nephew Curtis has mostly filled a Terabyte hard drive with free music borrowed from the Denver Public Library System. Smart thinking sez, I. I found a dismal collecton at the Riverton Branch Library. I borrowed a Pure Prairie League CD then forgot to return it. It cost me a 40 cent fine. BUT they had free books by the door so I got four. Ten cents apiece the way I figure it. Two mysteries-one is half done. I'll try the libraries in Palm Beach for music.

Camping World sent a catalog-that started a reverie about the winter lodgings. A couple of items I may purchase-and let them ship to Florida. They are ingenious about peddling "must have" accessories,you don't really have to have. Somebody devised a double track insert for the awning slot. I was wishing for just such a gadget.