Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cranberry Wine and Smoked Gouda Cheese

I spent Monday messing with photos. Wednesday is the deadline for Fair Entries. Janet brought some forms home so I went up to their house in the evening. She broke out some Cranberry wine from a South Dakota (Prairie Berry) winery they favor-it was delicious. Made me a little dizzy too. A very pleasant interlude. I scooted to town to buy matting board for the photos and made it home in time for Buster's med time.

I rarely leave the dogs home. Honey took exception to the abandonment and rearranged the back porch so I had a hard time getting into my own house. She is very competent, if misguided. There was an odor in the house and I thought perhaps she had done an anger poop. They are both completely housebroken but she has never rearranged the furniture before either. I looked and looked but found no problem. I got engrossed in my book and read until late. Went to fall in bed and discovered a dead prairie dog on it-I did a little dance-Buster's claim I am sure because it was ripe. This necessitated a 1:00 a.m. trip to the trash barrel in my undies. The dogs seemed unusually understanding-perhaps a little contrite?

I am still doing photo work today-set up in the "studio." I changed the photo paper and got much better product today. If last year's crop of photos were typical I may have a chance. We will just have to see.