Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Grace

I wrote of my cousins who recently lost their second consecutive bull mastiff to cancer. The brave souls now have Grace who will eventually top 100 pounds and hopefully will be as sweet and loving as Agnes and Madison were. It is a compliment to them both that life without a mastiff is not in the cards for Kristin and Russ. I wish long life for them all. And I want to pat that tummy!
Another Country heard from: Pat emailed from Bathurst, British Columbia. She had the travel plans of several friends and acquaintances. They are reversing their itinerary this year. They will do the Gulf Coast until January and then come east to JPP. Harold and Julia and Fernand and Yvette also from B.C. will do the same and come over after December. Yves and Andee from Montreal will come to JPP right off the bat as will Hal and Marilyn from Maine. Hal works in a golf pro shop at a ritzy golf course. Doc and Janet from Delhi, NY will come straight to John Prince Park too. I don't expect this to be of any interest to you, but it is now in my blog where I can find the information.

I felt pretty well today. After a light breakfast I whacked weeds and got the tremors again. The Metformin cured them in short order. I surmise my sugar is not going low but the insulin resistance that is part of my syndrome makes my muscles think they are starving. This is a guess. I will ask my doc but I am not going to see her unless I have a real problem . I want to get my blood sugar evened out before the long term glucose test. Otherwise, the needle is in my future. That doesn't scare me but pills are simply easier. The fasting number was 125. The number after a cup of coffee and a piece of bread and weedwhacking was 187. Down from yesterday's 297 but still not rosy.
Posted by Picasa